by Dana Humphrey
Many animals have a tendency to devour their food during mealtimes. Pets that eat fast are more likely to face various health issues like choking, vomiting, gastrointestinal discomfort or food bloat, to name a few. Designed by a veterinarian, Pipolino’s mobile and adjustable dry food dispenser allow pets to find food as they would in nature, which promotes both physical and mental balance. Animals have the ability to roll Pipolino on the ground or in a trough in order to dispense kibble slowly and chase or “hunt” for their food. Pipolino provides countless benefits and helps to avoid many common problems today’s pets face such as boredom, overeating, obesity, bad digestion, physical inactivity, aggression, and the ingesting of foreign bodies.
Pet eating fast is a common behavior. Depending on the animal, there are many reasons as to why. Take the canine for example; a dog may eat rapidly due to the competitive instinct that is often seen in the wild when wolves bring down prey. The animal that eats faster is in a better position to survive and pass along its genes. This scenario is especially seen in multi-dog households, where speed eating tendencies are increased due to competing with their fellow pack members.
Whether a pet eats fast because he’s in competition mode or simply indulges too fast because he loves the taste of his food; not taking the time to chew larger pieces of kibble can cause them to ingest a significant amount of air. When this occurs, the food will most likely come back up by regurgitation or vomiting. After this happens a pet owner may feel uncertain if their dog or cat has received an adequate amount of nutrition during their mealtime. Vomiting will also leave the animal hungry more frequently throughout the day, which can lead to a desire for more food and increased begging. Let’s face it, most pet owners are weak when it comes to those adorable begging eyes! With 80 million U.S dogs and cats at risk from obesity, it’s important that pet parents stay mindful of their pet’s meal intake and avoid overfeeding.
For over ten years, Pupolino has been the only way of feeding pets that combines all individual advantages, without the disadvantages of bowls, anti-glutton bowls, fixed and mobile food distributors. Pupolino is the only anti-glutton bowl that provides physical activity and slow enough ingestion that avoids overconsumption, satisfies the appetite, and improves digestion. In fact, Pipolino is taught in French Veterinary Schools for the prevention and treatment of excess weight and digestive disorders, as well as behavioral diseases such as bulimia, obesity, dirtiness, aggressiveness, depression, inactivity.
Additional Features of Pipolino Include:
- Fits all brands (Royal Canin, Hills, Friskies, Frolic, Proplan, etc.), sizes and shapes of croquettes, pellets, or any other dry food
- Contains a number of pellets allowing to feed one or many animals (depending on the choice of the model) during a meal, for one day, or for a weekend
- Enables to modify, by simple adjustment, the ease of distribution of food, which trains the animal gradually and gently to eat slowly
- Designed so that all the croquettes coming out are immediately eaten, don’t scatter on the floor, don’t get crushed and don’t collect dust on the ground
- It has been designed in order to not roll under the furniture where the animal would not be able to recover it
- Made of shocks-resistant, recyclable, food-grade quality materials, which ensure a very good conservation of the inner food
Retailing for $24.90, Pipolino is affordable to all budgets. Pet families utilizing Pipolino daily will have great peace of mind knowing that they are investing in their pet’s mental and physical health, as well as save money spent on pet food thanks to its decreased food consumption features. Pipolino offers a two year (parts and labor) guarantee for any defect or component breakage under normal conditions of use. For more info visit www.tpg.pet/pipolino