Is The Pet Gazette the perfect business opportunity for you??
The December 2015 Entrepreneur magazine listed “6 Reasons You Can’t Go Wrong in the Pet Care Industry”
- It’s recession proof
- It’s predictable
- There is no need to educate the customer
- The industry benefits from the Kinderschema
- Good margins
- Growing Market
See the full article at https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/253333
What is Distributor Media Publishing?
Distributor Media Publishing is one of the most popular business expansion models in the world today. This model allows you, the Distributor, to use the existing business set up (all the hard work we have put in to layout/design the print, web and app) to build your own business.
With a brand like “The Pet Gazette,” which has been publishing since the Oct/Nov 1998 Issue, there is no better partner to take a step into the pet world. Now coupled with the fully loaded website, www.ThePetGazette.com, and The Pet Gazette App (available in iPhone and Android, which captures most people) you will be offer a suite of options to any local pet business who wants to be associated The Pet Gazette. People say that “print” is on its way out because of digital….well, we say, depending on the industry, print is a perfect compliment and calling card for your product. It is nice to hand someone something and say, “This is what I produced.”
The best benefit is, within a Distributor system, you have the security of knowing you’re never alone. You can be in business for yourself, but not by yourself. We are your partner and there is always someone to turn to for answers. Our team is there to support you every step of the way and we have, IMHO, the best opportunity in the Pet Industry to jump in and be a part of it.
If you’re ready to get started, please fill out the below form, let us know your ideal publishing area and we will message you back to start the discussion option.
Wanna Be the Big Bow Wow?
Privately owned and operated in New York since 1998, The Pet Gazette is distributed at more than 1000 locations. We offer a local, fun and informative publication focused on topics of health, safety and fun for our pets. Any location can be added throughout the US, do you have vets, animal shelters, pet stores and dog parks near you?
“Love what you do, and you’ll never work a day in your life”
The Pet Gazette Distributor spends their days thinking about pets, engaging with pet parents via social media, and fostering the relationships with our pet focused partners in our local community. You can employ a team to help with distribution or you can do it on your own. Similarly you can recruit help to sell local advertisements. We can show you a commission model that can work and you can focus on whatever you love most about pets. Most of the largest markets will have no more than 150 venues and expansion is always possible to surrounding area.
The Pet Industry and The Pet Gazette Opportunity
FACT: The Pet Industry is Hotter than ever –
- 98% GROWTH in pet services spending from 2013 to 2015; dog daycare, boarding and spa services included
- $63 BILLION INDUSTRY with 84 million dogs in North America
- Approximately 36% of all households in North America own at least one dog
- PROJECTED JOB GROWTH in the pet industry is 11% between 2014 and 2024
Other thoughts about this opportunity…
- Scalable. Easy to run + easy to learn = Distributors can grow rapidly into multiple units
- Work-life BALANCE = majority of business is 100% flexible with your schedule
- NO inventory = no need to tie your cash up with products sitting in your garage
- World-class branding / marketing = best-in-class partners for PR and digital marketing
- Financial STRENGTH of franchisor = 100% privately owned
- Recession-resistant = stable $63 Billion industry
- Demand = 35-40% of US households have at least one dog
- Humanization of the DOG = part of the family
The Distributor Opportunity
Pets are here to Stay: Recession Resistant
No matter the economy, people love their pets. And, in our on-demand, uber-world, people are looking now more than ever for services for their pets. According to Forbes, an astounding 92% of pet owners spent the same or more on their pets during the most recent recession period.
The average initial investment to franchise a doggie daycare is over $400k in the U.S. plus an initial franchise fee investment of around $50k. Similar numbers exist if you wanted to start a grooming facility, a boarding or training facility or a pet supplies store.
The Pet Gazette, on the other hand, requires an average initial Distributor investment of $24,000, which is based on your distribution area and number of locations. Also the overall initial Distributor fee can be discounted based on the size of your distribution area.
At The Pet Gazette, we own the brand, but you own the BUSINESS!! After 18 years, we are ready to offer you everything we have learned, including control and responsibility over your area. We are investing in YOU and we foster collaboration and respect with our Distributors. We are all determined to enhance the brand and grow across the United States and our work ethic is fueled by the confidence in the pet industry. You will be supported by:
- The Pet Gazette top management (open door, ask any questions)
- A full design staff (for anything you need created)
- Lead generators (in most cases we will be able to provide your local lead lists)
- iPhone and Android developers (if you want edits to the app that benefit you locally)
- Sales support (help closing a deal, or getting in the front door, or filing out the paperwork after an advertisers says yes)
- Admin – accounting, local form regulations, collection and client relationship management
- Our corporate printer and distribution (can include individual subscriber address and shipping)
Ready to start??
According to the US Department of Commerce, 95% of Distributors are still in business after five years in the U.S, whereas self-launched businesses see a five-year success rate of only 47%. This just proves that the best way to launch a business is by leveraging the power of a proven model with a team of experienced professionals dedicated to your success. The Pet Gazette is offering just that – a team approach to success and unwavering support, including training and operational support as you grow.
The financial requirement to open a localized edition of The Pet Gazette in the United States:
- $24,000 one time Distributor fee (typically per 200 locations, pays for printing expense in first year)
- Royalty Fee: 10% of monthly gross sales with a minimum of $1200/mo, based on $12,000 in ad sales per month (helps supplement printing costs after the first year and ideally some profit for corporate)
- National Marketing Fee: 1% of monthly gross sales (payment helps fund corporate social media posting, press release creation and distribution and sponsorships of major events)
We are delighted you are considering The Pet Gazette as a business opportunity! Please email us to start the process. After your request is received, you can expect to:
- Complete your non-disclosure, your non-compete and your confidential profile info
- Complete the Distributor application
- Schedule a call with us
- Secure financial qualification documentation and/or loan approval documentation
- Read and sign your Distributor Disclosure Document (DDD)
- Verify your distribution area and locations
- Sign the final Distributor agreement
The ideal candidate would have a passion for pets, an entrepreneurial spirit, as well as sales, marketing, restaurant and/or retail experience.
Thank you for your interest in The Pet Gazette!
NOTE: This website is not a Distributor offering.